Natural Burial (UK) Limited (‘we’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Natural Burial (UK) Limited whose registered office is at Union House, Walton Lodge, Bridge Street, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12 1BT.
We are committed to safeguarding your personal data and are legally obliged to use your personal data in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal data, including the Act.
Click on our links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Information we may collect from you.
- Uses made of the information.
- Disclosure of your personal data.
- Where we store your personal data.
- Your rights.
- Access to information.
Information we may collect from you
We will collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you and the deceased when relevant, including personal data, by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you search for our services, request information about our services, subscribe for ‘news and events information’ on our site, complete a survey for research purposes, place an order with us, participate in any social media functions and if you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we either, directly or via a third party source such as Google Analytics, automatically collect the following information:
- technical information including your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
This information is statistical data and does not identify any individual, however, it may do so if we combine it with other data you provide to us about you or that we may receive from third party sources.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including Google Analytics and other companies in our group.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with any information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about services, upcoming events and news stories we feel may interest you by post, telephone, or email. If you are an existing client, we will only contact you by electronic means such as email with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new client we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or notify us via email (email@example.com) or write to us at our correspondence address at Clandon Wood, Epsom Road, West Clandon, Guildford, Surrey, GU4 7FN; to notify you about changes to our services or our site;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations including contact management, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of our site and which of our services you may be interested in;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We will retain the information we hold about you for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes listed above.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may share your personal data with any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your personal data with our employees and employees of other companies in our group who need to know it to fulfil our obligations to you and their other business responsibilities.
We may also share your personal data with selected third parties including:
- our suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you; or
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we, one of the companies in our group or substantially all the assets of one of these companies are acquired by a third party in which case personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce any contract with you or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data we will use appropriate technical and organised measures, procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to it.
You have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by contacting us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in writing to our correspondence address at Clandon Wood, Epsom Road, West Clandon, Guildford, Surrey, GU4 7FN.
Our site contains links to and from the websites of other parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
If you wish to exercise this right or you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete you should write to us via email at email@example.com or in writing to our correspondence address at Clandon Wood, Epsom Road, West Clandon, Guildford, Surrey, GU4 7FN.
Thank you for visiting our site.